Alright, I’ll admit it… I’m kind of a big kid.
If food is pretty… I’m pretty much down to try it…
…and nothing is prettier than these sweet little rainbow dream bars made of Fruity Pebbles cereal! ♥
Fruity Pebbles Rice Crispy Treats
Now, let’s not forget that I’m a 90’s kid, so the nostalgia factor runs deep with this recipe folks.
I can remember being 5 or 6 and getting up early on Saturday mornings to watch Captain Planet or the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and eating cereal on the couch with a group of the neighborhood kids who had magically all convened for the showing.
Nothing is quite like those happy little childhood memories that remind us all of why we are the Kick-butt kinda of people that we are today, so in honor of that weird little girl who was practicing her karate moves in pigtails with the boys, this one’s for you. ♥
♥ Emma Rae Thomas + The Pretty as Pie Team
P.S. If you found this recipe yummy or want to try it for yourself, please be amazing and share it on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest!
- 10 Ounces mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Fruity Pebbles
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grab your Medium Sauce-pot and Melt The Butter Over Mediumish (Medium-low for those of you who are super technical) Heat. ♥
- Turn that Heat down real low and slow and add in half of your mini marshmallows
- Stir until melted, combined, and drool worthy.
- In a separate bowl combine the Fruity Pebbles, remaining Marshmallows, Vanilla Extract, and your genuine excitement.
- Pour Melted butter Marshmallow mixture into crisped rice bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spread completed yumminess into an evenly sprayed or buttered glass pan, and Allow to Cool for what will seem like forever, but is actually only about one Hour.
- Cut Into Bars, grab some milk and enjoy. ♥
- I prefer to use the salted butter in my treat bars as it adds in some extra flavor, but hey do you! ♥